7/21/09


Wow.. well I guess I should talk about Pitchfork.

Sam, Myself, Spencer and Xie left from South Bend on Friday night. Where we ran into -this- guy.

He wreaked of patchouli and had the body-frame of a heroin junkie. He was cool though, he gave me and Spencer some jager. I think he was taking the train to Chicago to become a city bum.

We had a 5 hour wait, so we sat down in the lobby and ate volcano's pizza, potato salad and sushi. Xie put on a movie on her computer.. ''Atonement''. It was interesting but we couldn't finish watching it because some crazy toddler was running up to us and touching the screen and trying to run away with the computer. Then when we would try to stop her she'd scratch the shit out of us. Her mom was sitting a few feet away and never said anything, so we just packed the computer away and went outside to chain-smoke.

Once on the train.. we busted out the FOTEEZ and 151



Uh now after this things start to become a little fuzzy... I know it took us a while to get to Kyle's house.. but once we did, we were greeted by a 'party-in-progress'. It was kind of chilled when we got there so we started walking around trying to get to know everyone that we'd be chillen' with for the next couple of days. Time went on... and craziness began.







When we all were trying to go to sleep was the funniest shit ever. It was literally like 12 people in one room all fucked up on -whatever- and trying to go to sleep. The next day was time to leave for the festival.

The Muncie crew left to go get some foods first and we ended up at ''Earwax'' which was like a vegetarian/vegan breakfast joint. I had the torrizo burrito and it was BOMB. While we were waiting for our food Sam went out to have a cigarette and saw GAVIN sitting out on the curb... he apparantly was working at the American Apparel next door. Small world... we were supposed to meet with him for beers after the festival was out but that ended up turning into an adventure.

We got to the festival and immediately started drinking and smokin' dat dank.



Some of my favorite highlights were Yeasayer (we were dancing in the rain after smoking and everyone around us were being SQUARES). The Antlers were good but you could tell they were nervous to play such a big venue. I also (surprisingly) enjoyed Matt & Kim only because Kim was a drunken crazy bitch and fucking hilarious. Then I saw Black Lips which is probably the band I was most excited to see this year. It was pretty crazy... I lost my glasses and got elbowed in the face and then I lost everybody and had to wander around Chicago looking for people right as my phone was dying. I briefly saw Leandra, Sandy and Amalia that day too but there was so much going on that I easily lost them again.

Notice how there are no pictures of the bands that played... that's because we were too busy chillin in the mid-range where we can smoke and get our drank on and still have room to dance and have a good time.

This year the festival was so different... I think the first couple of years people went who REALLY enjoyed music and everyone who was there could relate on that level and there wasn't any judging or asshole-ish behaivor. This year there were a lot more dudes and gals who were probably from Chicago and just going there to chill and check out some bands. I had a feeling that a lot of people there didn't really care about too many of the bands that were playing and were just tryin' to get fuckd up and chill with their friends.

Or maybe that was just us...

I mean there were a few that I WAS NOT GOING TO MISS. There were some that I definitely wanted to ''check out'' but for the most part I didn't really care -what- stage I ended up at throughout the day.

Sunday... Xie and Sam went home... so me and Spencer decided to still go to Sunday's and ride home with Jon. We got some food at FLASH TACO with Karen and Kate.

For the love of god, do not ever eat there...

Kate had a VIP pass via Cymbals Eat Guitars so she was hooking us up with free beer all day. I also managed to get a flask of 151 in and Danielle, Amy and Alec had a bottle of vodka that we had a little of. All in all, we didn't really take any pictures on Sunday because we were so messed up.

I also split some shroomage with Jon right before Flaming Lips were set to start. We were pushing toward the front of the crowd screaming out the names of our pretend friends and telling everyone that we had to find them because they were on acid and sending us weird texts. It worked... We eventually made our way up to where these two dudes were standing wearing antenaes and dressed up like aliens. We were screaming and jumping up and down and telling everyone that we found our acid friends and everyone started laughing. So funny.

Anyways choosing to be by those guys was a good idea because they were crazy... they pulled out vials of glitter and started pouring the shit everywhere. I'm still finding specks of glitter in my hair. I was letting everyone around me hit my flask too and even gave the rest of our shrooms to some high school kids who immediately wolfed them down. It was precious.

We went back to Kyles and Me & Jon went to some mexican joint to get food, then we came back and peaced. Drove home to Muncie the next day. And that was that yall. Hope that you had a good time too if you went.

There were also some parties thrown in there after Saturday... but I honestly don't think any pictures were taken or anything. It was really chilled out.. and my phone was dead so I couldn't find anything better to do. Anyways, most of these pictures were stolen from Facebook so if any more show up, I'll post them!

1 comment:

Benjamin Earl said...

it was so sick!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I didn't see you the whole time...